Whether you are a total beginner or a confident sewer we have various courses or options for you to join in! We have waist tall and large tables for easy fabric cutting, scissors, cutting mat and rotary cutters,etc as well as 5 domestic sewing machines, 2 overlock machines and 1 coverlock machine.
The Sewing Club allows you to use the atelier as often as you want. For instance, once a week if you just want to practice regularly or twice or more a week if you really need to finish a project!
- If you are a passionate sewer who already know how to sew and you have lots of projects in mind already. You can join our sewing club and use our atelier as often as you want. We will provide you with the material (everything but the fabric) and support needed to make your project.
We also have a range of ‘block course’ running during the year to help you learn how to use a sewing machine and to learn new tricks and tips to improve your sewing skills.
- Beginner Course: learn all the basic of using a sewing machine by making various easy sewing projects. By the end of the course you will know how to use a standard presseur foot, a zipper foot and buttonhole foot.
- Sewing with an Overlock
- Make a pyjama trousers from a pattern
- Make a dress from a pattern
- Make a blouse from a pattern
Sewing ‘Beginner’s Block Course’
Sewing beginner course (4 easy projects in 5 sessions under instructions of teacher). We will make a scarf, a tote bag, a zippered pouch and a cushion cover,
- You will learn all the basics of using a sewing machine.
- How to thread, make a bobbin, change the needle and presser foot
- How to sew straight line, zigzag and coverlock stitch
- How to insert a zipper and how to make a buttonhole
- Waist tall and large tables for easy fabric cutting,
- Cutting and drawing materials (scissors, cutting mat and rotary cutters,etc)
- 5 domestic sewing machines,
- 2 overlock machines and
- 1 coverlock machine
- Small range of fabrics (price from CHF10/metre)
Total beginner course : CHF300 for 5 sessions of 3 hours each (all inclusive – material and fabrics)
Check out our calendar or contact@craftyhands for the next block course and availability.
Crafty Hands / Sewing Club will be closed during the ‘Adliswil School holidays’ (13 weeks per year). These weeks have been deducted from the yearly membership fee.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a class or if you have any questions.